Tuesday 22 March 2011

Wall Size and Context

Moving forward with the wall programme. Think it's a really strong idea, specifically concerning the problem of cost / durability and information. I believe it answers all of the problems I've raised within the brief. 
But what are the specifics?

This is the wall that the programme posters would be pasted onto. I'm not sure on the precise dimensions of it, but with strong guess work, and having seen it in person, I guess it being 10ft high by 32ft wide.
This means that the posters will needed to be printed huge, or made of different sections. 



As a means of context I've been looking at Moving Target, a means of promo used around Leeds for Music events and that. Essentially a van with a billboard attached. The posters they advertise are the kind of size I will need for the wall.
This is how they do it....




Seperating the boards into sections of roughly A0 size. 60'' x 40''. To cover the intended wall, I will need  16 parts, culminating in 4 sections, made from 4 individual posters.
This separating the sections into 4, Friday / Saturday / Sunday / Info & Map. These sections will be 120'' x 80''. That being 3048mm x 2032mm. The separate prints making these being, 1524mm x 1016mm.

In terms of producing this, I will print A2 as the individual sections. (Keeping personal expenditure down)

No comments:

Post a Comment