Thursday 10 March 2011

Progress Surgery

Issues and questions;

. Brief one,
Is my solution appropriate / suitable, taking into consideration of design being somewhat out of my hands.

Question of real world cost, getting quote from web designer.
Getting others to design the boards.

. Too many briefs!?
If I am to take some out, which ones?
Live briefs don't necessarily fit within my rationale

. Organisation and time planning.
Tips on how to be realistic and better time manage.

. Design Context
In terms of research, everything I'm doing at the moment (Specifically Nike) is the basis for it. Something to mov forward with / right direction?

Good, positive session.

Brief One suitable and appropriate. In terms of what I'll be designing it has become more of a digital / for screen job with making the interface (Hub) as well as the whole promotion aspect of it which could also be digital based.
Interesting outlook on it in terms of how to market it, two sections of Nike. Consumer & Pro. Nike pro is all about the technical aspect of everything, proving the quality. Take this to Nike SB and Nike Snowboarding. Not just typical board culture, but aim at the pro side of things. Technical superiority. Not graffiti inspired stuff. Innovate, not regurgitate.

Too many briefs? What are my priorities within the briefs? Top 3. Brief One is main brief to me, with two and three being equal.
This plus the yearbook, (Live brief) and design context publication and possible end of year show pitch, will be a substantial body of work, if done well and justified.

So for now I will be putting half my briefs on a temporary hiatus (Briefs 4,5,6). Maybe doing them now and then for a cheeky hour or so. But nothing significant till I figure out EXACTLY what I'm doing with the other briefs and know a time scale to which I will stick to.

Reasoning for Vacant and Engaged.

Organisation and time planning. Broader scope of planning, Once settled on briefs and details within them, work to deadlines in terms of weeks, then each day then the hours.


Design context, Advice. Do something completely different yet appropriate / relevant to something within my briefs / rationale, making it inform the practice and not the other way round.
How do random brands portray themselves to their niches, e.g. Apple and PC World. The differences between.
Info-Graphics and technical illustrations, this feeding into Nike brief.

Action plan from here,
Nail and define everything within the 3 chosen briefs to move forward with by Monday (14th)
Time plans and scales for each brief, what I want to get done and by when.
Smash it.

No comments:

Post a Comment