Sunday 20 March 2011

Poster

Had some initial thoughts for the poster, using standard colour systems, red / yellow making it very cliche. But everything I did with this theme just looked shit. I don't mind shit for a reason, but I just thought I could better it. 
The poster imagery for me would sell the whole concept, so it needed to be spot on.
I then, on a spontaneous urge decided to make these blue classic shaped signs. 
The photograph them, creating a basis for the poster. Creating a sense of depth and reality. 
Tried a few ways of photographing them, the best being put on small stands, higher and lower than each other, creating a field of depth, layers etc. 















Then taking the preferred composition of the signs, adding cliché stereotypical food promo language....

Adding logo and basic information,

With offers on.... (Insert each course)






Giving it more impact with a specific colour scheme, to run through the whole range and deliverables. A take on the classic red and yellow scheme for most supermarket signage.



No comments:

Post a Comment