Wednesday 2 February 2011

Tutorial Session



I found this session helpful and productive, it gave me the chance to talk through the previous module and the grade I got, and the reasons for why I got what I did. That helped clarify where I was going wrong. That being my problem analysis, research and contextualisation of my work weren't the best they could be. So my work wasn't based on any new information or unique points, this being because the research I did was just into design in general and not anything really specific to each brief. The contextualisation I had already realised and that was that most of the design work I did was printed and just photographed as a product. Only the odd piece was pictured in its real life context and none shown being interacted with. To counter this for my FMP, I intend to have a solid base of research behind each brief, specific to the problem at hand but with the starting foundation / subject of identity within sub cultures. Furthermore every product i design or make to go out and put it in the real world and show people using / interacting with it.
In terms of the FMP & SOI, they were all looking ok, and not in any need of drastic change. There were foreseeable problems though, that being that my briefs may get repetitive and a bit dull if i dont try and innovate in each one. So to say i should be producing new, fresh ideas and concepts for each project. Bringing something new to each subject.
Other than that I need to oush myself further, and really just step outside of my comfort zone and get out there, not just hide behind the Mac all hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment