Thursday 27 January 2011

Brief One: Initial ideas


As my main theme is based around identity and subcultures I thought of a way of showing this via the board artwork. Although within the different areas of board cultures there are similarities there are also a lot of differences between the kind of people that make up these cultures. One thing that involves both differences and similarities is language and the slang used within the cultures. So making use of this and the stereotypical image of the people doing these sports being really cool 'dudes' I've made statements to be put on the appropriate board.

A good stereotypical image of a boarder, I think, is Spicoli, from the film, Fast times at Richmont High...




Note the use of the words, Dude, Awesome & Gnarly.
So these are the statements I could think of using, some being more appropriate for certain ones...

(Not just for Wakeboarders, showing the sentence and different endings)
Again being that the brief is for Nike, I've used Futura STD Bold Oblique making it look somewhat like Nike...








Taking the piss a bit, but I think they would work well on boards as just a bit of a laugh. Making a statement, of who gives a fuck!?

No comments:

Post a Comment