Monday 18 April 2011

Nike Snowboarding

Heard back from one of the main guys at Nike Snowboarding...

Mitch, I may have to direct you to other avenues… my role as customer doesn’t provide me with promo material.
Nike is a huge place, between sales, marketing, and design, I am sure there are folks who could provide you with some info.
Sorry I could not be more help. -James

I got back in touch with James and asked for any contact details for someone who could help me, I then got the following E-mail...

Hey Mitch,
 
I heard you were looking for a few things for your book project. My name
Is Michael Hernandez and I am the Creative Director for Nikeskateboarding
and Nikesnowboarding. I have been part of both of these brands from start-up
to now. I appreciate the kind words from you and your interest in
Nikesnowboarding. We get to do a lot of interesting things and try to change
it up from what's been happening in snowboarding product and brand. All
creative is done in house.
 
I designed the identity for Nikesnowboarding see attached pdf. I also
attached and image form the Zoom DK boot launch ad campaign. Hope this works
for what you are doing.
 
Regards, -michael
This was awesome, hearing back from the creative director of Nike SB and Snowboarding
He attached the following files...

Interesting to see how a brand like Nike go about setting out and presenting designs. 
perfect for my publication and all, all aspects of the logo / designs and colour. Also 
have this ad plus more from magazines and online, so the contents for Nike 
Snowboarding are down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment